The latest developments
- The Toyota Environmental Activities Grant Program 2020 application has closed.
- Considering the impact of COVID-19, we have rescheduled this year's application and grant period.
We closed the application for this year's Toyota Environmental Activities Grant Program.
Thank you for your consideration and participation in our program. This year's application was closed on September 3, 2020. We will inform the result of the selection to the applicants directly.
Grantees for the program will be announced on this website.
Considering the impact of COVID-19 on organizations and groups, we have rescheduled this year's application and grant period.
Application PeriodApril 6, 2020 - September 3, 2020
Grant PeriodWithin two years from April 2021
- Submitted application documents are unreturnable. Please be advised that the application and/or attached documents of the selected projects may be disclosed to the public.
Program Goals and Outline
With a view to achieving the creation of a prosperous society, and to contribute to the sustainable development of such a society, Toyota adopts a set of principles for philanthropic activities where it joins forces with a broad segment of society, uses its resources effectively, and engages in philanthropic activities that will contribute to solving societal issues while promoting the development of human resources who will lead the next generation, in line with local conditions in each country and region.
The grant program, based on the above principles, offers support for projects committed to capacity building for next-generation environmental conservation, and for projects that seek to cultivate solutions to environmental issues collaboratively with NPOs and other private non-profit organizations.
Scope of Grant Projects
Toyota believes that monozukuri is about developing people, and as such, supports the activities of private non-profit organizations that aim to promote projects that foster individuals seeking solutions for environmental issues and to contribute to practical problem-solving on those issues.
"Biodiversity" and "Climate change"
- Private non-profit organizations are eligible for the grant.
- Non-profit organizations (NPOs), non-governmental organizations (NGOs), charitable organizations, and officially unregistered voluntary organizations or groups are also encouraged to apply.
- For-profit organizations, national, regional, and municipal government agencies, schools (including kindergarten through university), and international organizations (established by intergovernmental national agreements) are NOT eligible for this grant.
We provide grants to projects conducted solely by Japan-based groups or projects that collaborate with Japan-based groups and overseas-based groups.
Activities conducted solely by overseas-based groups are not eligible for this grant.
However, activities conducted in collaboration with overseas-based groups and overseas affiliates of Toyota Motor Corporation are eligible for this grant.
Projects in Japan
We provide grants to Japan-based, community-based projects that undertake environmental conservation activities.
Small Projects in Japan
We provide grants to community-based projects that undertake environmental conservation activities conducted by Japan-based groups that have never received our grant funding in this program.
Download application package
|Information for Applicants||Japanese|
|Application Form||Projects Overseas||Application form||Excel|
|Projects in Japan||Application form||Excel|
|Small Projects in Japan||Application form||Excel|
|Agreement Form (draft for the next fiscal year)|
|Guidelines for Indication of Grant Program|
Toyota Environmental Activities Grant Program Secretariat
- The above e-mail address provided is only for grant program-related inquiries.