Social Contribution Activities
Enriching the Lives of Communities
The environment, traffic safety, and education serve as the three main pillars of our CSR initiatives. In carefully considering the societal needs of each country/region, we undertake active measures while utilizing our technological expertise and other resources to contribute to the advancement of society.
From reforestation to environmental education, Toyota is actively working to keep our planet green and healthy.
Led by "coexistence with people and nature" as its fundamental principle, Toyota is using trees to improve the environment (afforestation) and conducts environmental education and study programs targeting the general public.
- Forest of Toyota
- Toyota Mie Miyagawa Forest Project
- Toyota Shirakawa-Go Eco-Institute
- "Toyomori" Human Development Program
- Desertification Prevention in China
Toyota has been conducting an initiative to stop desertification in Xiaobazi Township, Fengning Manchu Autonomous County, Hebei Province since 2001. In 2011, management of the program was transferred to TMCI [Toyota Motor (China) Investment]. To date, the program has achieved reforestation covering more than 3,500 hectares.
- Toyota Costa dos Corais (Coral Coast) Project (Brazil)
- Stop Global Warming (Thailand)
- "Toyota Eco Youth" project (Malaysia, Indonesia)
- "The Great Plant Hunt" biodiversity education programme (10 European countries)
- Environmental conservation activities at office sites and surrounding areas (Belgium)
Toyota is involved in diverse traffic safety educational activities including "Toyota Driver Communication" for drivers and "Toyota Safety School" for young children.
Traffic Safety Educational Activities
- Toyota Driver Communication
- Donation of Traffic Safety Educational Materials to Children
- Toyota Safety School
- Hands-on traffic safety events
- White Road Campaign (Thailand)
Since 2005, "Milky Way & the Gang" road safety characters have been conducting school visits with the aim of teaching children about traffic safety.
- Toyota Safety Driving Program (Vietnam)
- Toyota Community Foundation for a safe traffic environment (Australia)
- Driving schools operate in collaboration with dealers (India)
- Traffic safety education for children (Cambodia)
- Toyota y Vos (Toyota and You) (Argentina)
Toyota provides worldwide support in the areas of education and human resource development, cultivating the leaders of tomorrow in accordance with our principle that "making things means making people."
- Scientific Jack-in-the-Box! The Why/What Lecture
Toyota dispatches Toyota Engineering Society members to science and other museums nationwide and runs a science workshop program, hoping to promote interest in the spirit of making things and in science and technology aiming to foster the dreams of children.
- Program for Hearing Impaired Children
- The Toyota First Experience Program
- Toyota Technological Institute
- Dream Class for the MIRAI (Future) in Toyota City
- Toyota Family Learning Program (United States)
TMNA has helped NCFL develop a program that promotes literacy by providing educational opportunities for both children and their parents.
- Toyota Study Assistance Program (China)
- Toyota Teach (South Africa)
Society and Culture
Toyota applies its know-how and resources by making maximum use of our expertise through programs that promote communication and the pursuit of mutual benefits with local communities to create a society that facilitates respect and collaboration between all.
Toyota supports individuals with intellectual impairments to encourage participation in society through access to daily sport training opportunities and events and competition sponsorship where participants can showcase the results of their training.
- Application of the Toyota Production System (TPS) to Improve Small- and Medium-sized Enterprises and Nonprofit Organizations (Australia)
Following the decision to close its plant at the end of 2017, Toyota Motor Corporation Australia (TMCA) established TSSC-AU to contribute to the local community. Utilizing TPS, the time required for filling prescriptions and patient waiting times at cancer treatment centers have been reduced.
- Sharing the Toyota Production System (TPS) to improve small- and medium-sized enterprises (United States)
- Sharing the Toyota Production System (TPS) to improve hospital operations (Brazil)
- Free surgery project (Venezuela)
- Medical & dental outreach program (Philippines)
Supporting Employee Volunteer Activities
We believe fundamentally in contributing to economic and social development through corporate activities via close community ties. Toyota supports employee participation in volunteer activities and seeks to establish communities where people respect and support one another.
- Project Noel (Belgium)
TME employee volunteers participate in Toyota's employee-led corporate social responsibility activity, Project Noel, an annual bake sale with proceeds going to a wide range of people in need throughout the country.
- Promotion of community contribution through volunteer activities with Team Toyota (United States)
- Volunteer activities at the Anna House homeless support center (South Korea)
- "NIPON" by Yukinari Fukushima
- "Pink Eco-Car" by Ryo Isobe
Toyota supports the "Able Art" project that works with artists with impairments.