Nov. 09, 2016
All New Toyota Roomy and Toyota Tank Compact Minivan
- Compact yet roomy interior, with comfortable and variable seating configurations
- Excellent maneuverability with a minimum turning radius of 4.6 m, made possible by the vehicle's compact size
- One-touch power sliding door for easy entry and exit
- A custom grade available with a newly developed 1.0-liter turbo engine capable of producing torque equivalent to that of a 1.5-liter-class engine over a wide rpm range
- Smart Assist II1 collision avoidance assist system equipped with five functions
- The "Roomy" expresses its "dignity and brilliance" while the "Tank" expresses the minivan's "dynamism and aggressiveness".
- A custom grade with plated ornaments and exclusive bumpers available for both the Roomy and the Tank, with a total of four face designs offered
Toyota City, Japan, November 9, 2016―Toyota today launched the new Roomy2 and Tank3, both of which will be made available through Toyota, Toyota Corolla, Toyopet, as well as Netz dealers throughout Japan.
- Roomy Custom G-T
- Tank Custom G-T
Both the new Roomy and the new Tank are based on the "1LD-CAR" concept, which combines a spacious interior with ample driving performance, and represent the new compact minivans that are perfect for families with small children, as well as customers with wide-ranging lifestyles. For both models, attractive features, such as a power sliding door for easy entry and exit, a spacious interior, and variable seating configurations have been incorporated into a compact minivan
- Toyota and Toyota Corolla dealerships across Japan
- Toyopet and Netz dealerships across Japan
3,750 units each of the Roomy and the Tank
Daihatsu Motor Co., Ltd. Headquarters, Ikeda Plant
*Includes consumption tax, does not include recycling fees, and differs in Hokkaido and Okinawa.
- Continuously Variable Transmission
Roomy interior and excellent maneuverability
- A package that has achieved a spacious interior
While retaining an easy-to-maneuver compact size with a minimum turning radius of 4.6 m4, a maximum distance of 1,105 mm has been maintained between the front and rear passengers, achieving roomy rear seats.
- Both sides of the vehicle feature a one-touch power electric sliding door for easy entry and exit (also equipped with a programmable locking function).5
- A package that has achieved a spacious interior
Easy-to-use cargo space and seating arrangements
- Seat mechanisms to support a variety of uses
- The use of walkthrough front seats allows vehicle occupants to move between the front and rear seats smoothly.
- The rear seats can be slid forward by 240 mm and, in their front-most positions, allow four carry-on suitcases to be loaded in the cargo space with five occupants in the vehicle.
- The rear seats can be reclined by a maximum of 70 degrees, providing sleeping space inside the cabin.
- A dive-in mechanism folds the rear seats forward, creating a completely flat cargo space floor. The cargo space, which exceeds 1,500 mm in length, is able to accommodate large objects.
- With the deck board reversed and the stain prevention sheet extended, a bicycle can be loaded into the vehicle.
- Equipment providing convenience, peace of mind, and comfort
- A wide variety of storage spaces are provided, including a large, 5-liter, removable center trash bin, and a rotating cup holder that also hold drinks in cartons.
- Large assist grips (with child grips) to support children as well as adults in getting into the vehicle smoothly.
- A rear-seat step-up light6 turns on in conjunction with the operation of the power slide door, brightly illuminating the door step to ensure safe entry and exit even at night and in dark locations.
- A 4.2-inch TFT color multi-information display7 is used to show information such as warnings and maintenance reminders.
- Panoramic View8
Panoramic View is useful when parking the vehicle, or negotiating blind intersections. Four cameras that are mounted to the front and rear sides of the vehicle capture video images of everything that is happening around the car, and displays a bird's-eye view on the multi-information display.
Comfortable acceleration performance achieved with a newly developed 1.0-liter turbo engine that can produce torque equivalent to that of a 1.5-liter class engine
- A newly developed 1.0-liter inline three-cylinder turbo engine capable of producing torque equivalent to that of a 1.5-liter class engine (140N･m)
- Stress-free acceleration performance even on highways, coupled with low fuel consumption
- Sports Mode provides excellent response to accelerator operation
- A 1.0-liter engine that has been fine-tuned to achieve a smooth take-off in town and excellent acceleration
- Excellent fuel efficiency achieved by all models, making them eligible for the Japanese government's subsidies and tax incentives for eco-cars
- Fuel efficiency of 24.6 km/L9 for the two-wheel drive model, 22.0 km/L9 for the four-wheel drive model, and 21.8 km/L9 for the turbo-engine model
Achieving a comfortable ride with stable handling ranging from city driving to highway driving
- Increasing the body and suspension rigidity enables the steering operation to be smoothly linked to vehicle body posture, helping reduce stress during driving and achieving a comfortable ride.
Equipped with the Smart Assist II collision avoidance assist system
- The primary role of this system is to help prevent or mitigate damage resulting from collisions in urban environments. The system provides driver support through five functions: a collision warning function for vehicles and pedestrians, a collision avoidance brake assist function for vehicles, an accidental-start control function for forward and backward starts, a line deviation warning function, and a function that notifies the driver that the vehicle ahead has started moving forward.
Based on two base designs with the expressions of "dignity and brilliance" (the Roomy) and "dynamism" (the Tank), custom grades and four face designs are available.
ExteriorFour face designs
InteriorDesign that pursues a wider feel and a high-tech image
- With thick headlights and an emphasized grille surface, the Roomy expresses powerfulness with a profound feel.
- Through the combination of its elongated headlights and an under grille with large openings, the Tank emphasizes a dynamic feel.
- A custom grade with plated ornaments and exclusive bumpers is available for both the Roomy and the Tank.
Body ColorsA color lineup is available with powerful, profound and brilliant colors
- A horizontally stretching instrument panel expresses functionality and gives a wider impression, while achieving excellent driver visibility
- The hood is kept low to ensure excellent visibility of the meters that are arranged in front of the driver's seat.
- The standard grade comes in orange and brown, which project warmth and calm. The custom grade uses water-repellent sheeting for the black interior, highlighting the tech blue and silver ornamentation.
- Three newly developed body colors are available―Laser Blue Crystal Shine, Imperial Gold Crystal Metallic, and Brilliant Copper Crystal Mica―emphasizing changes in color and shade.
- A 14 color lineup―nine body colors and five two-tone colors exclusively for custom coloring―are available, in addition to the exclusive colors that match the characteristics of the Roomy or the Tank.
1Smart Assist is a registered trademark of Daihatsu Motor Co., Ltd. It is provided as standard on the X S, G S, G-T, Custom G S, and Custom G-T grades.
2The English word "Roomy" was chosen for the car's name to emphasize its spaciousness.
3The English word "Tank" was chosen for the car's name because, just like a water tank, it has the capacity to hold many things.
4When equipped with 14-inch tires. The minimum turning radius is 4.7 m when equipped with 15-inch tires.
5Only on the front passenger side in the X and X S grades.
6Only on the front passenger side in the X and X S grades. Standard on both driver and front passenger sides in all other grades.
7Standard on all grades, except for X and X S.
8Manufacturer option on all grades, except for X and X S.
9under the Japanese government's JC08 test cycle