Toyota City, Japan, May 10, 2023―On May 15, Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) intends to make the following organizational and senior professional/senior management changes.
- Organizational changes
- BEV Factory will be newly established as a dedicated organization to accelerate the development and business of the world's leading "next-generation BEVs that only a carmaker can produce."
- By accelerating collaboration with new partners based on the strength of the hardware we have cultivated through TNGA, we will take on the challenge of producing BEVs that create a completely new world view.
- Under a single leader, the processes of " development, production, and business" are all conducted in one place, enabling speedy decision-making and execution.
- Accelerate agile development through a cross-functional organizational structure integrating with overseas headquarters, Woven by Toyota, and major suppliers.
- Overseas (North America / China / Europe, etc.)
- Incorporate customer needs and market trends of the major BEV markets.
- Woven by Toyota
- Understand the latest intelligent technologies and develop them together.
- New ways of manufacturing using the latest technologies and methods.
- Changes in areas of responsibility for executives and senior professional/senior management
|Takero Kato||Vehicle Development Center (President)||BEV Factory (President)|
|Takahiro Ishijima||Toyota ZEV Factory (Chief Officer)||Vehicle Development Center (President)|
Toyota Motor Corporation works to develop and manufacture innovative, safe and high-quality products and services that create happiness by providing mobility for all. We believe that true achievement comes from supporting our customers, partners, employees, and the communities in which we operate. Since our founding over 80 years ago in 1937, we have applied our Guiding Principles in pursuit of a safer, greener and more inclusive society. Today, as we transform into a mobility company developing connected, automated, shared and electrified technologies, we also remain true to our Guiding Principles and many of the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals to help realize an ever-better world, where everyone is free to move.
- SDGs Initiatives