Having clinched the FIA World Rally Championship titles for drivers' and co-drivers' with Ott Tänak and Martin Järveoja at the penultimate round of the season in Spain, the TOYOTA GAZOO Racing World Rally Team heads to the finale in Australia (November 14-17) with a clear aim: To achieve a hat-trick of titles by retaining the manufacturers' crown it claimed Down Under one year ago. Eighteen points from the lead in the standings, the team is confident in its ability to secure the best possible result together with drivers Tänak, Jari-Matti Latvala and Kris Meeke.
- 2019 Yaris WRC
Rally Australia is based in Coffs Harbour on the New South Wales coast, mid-way between Sydney and Brisbane. The stages take place over a mixture of gravel roads, from twisting forest tracks to more open and flowing country roads.
The rally begins on Thursday afternoon with two passes of a revamped super special stage on the Coffs Harbour waterfront. On Friday, the rally heads north for two loops of three stages, including the new Kookaburra Road test, before two more runs over the super special stage in the evening. On Saturday, the crews travel south for two loops of four stages separated by the Raleigh raceway test. The last day of the season on Sunday consists of three stages each run twice, with the new Mount Coramba and Lower Bucca combined with the familiar Wedding Bells finale.
- Tommi Mäkinen (Team Principal)
- "After our fantastic achievement in Spain, we are now focused fully on trying to win the manufacturers' title in Australia once again. This time we are the chasers, but in a way it makes it quite straightforward for us; we just have to push for maximum points and see what happens. Our car is strong on the sort of roads that we get in Australia. Last year, Jari-Matti took the win and Ott was right up there until late on. I know it's a rally Kris has done well on too in the past. So we are feeling confident about our chances."
Ott Tänak (Driver car 8)
Jari-Matti Latvala (Driver car 10)
Kris Meeke (Driver car 5)
The statistics (Rally Australia)
|Year||Ott Tänak||Jari-Matti Latvala||Kris Meeke|
What happened last year?
The team claimed the manufacturers' title as Jari-Matti Latvala took victory in Australia. Esapekka Lappi finished in fourth, while Tänak was fighting along with Latvala for the lead of the rally before he crashed in the penultimate stage.
- Yaris WRC Rally Australia 2018
TOYOTA GAZOO Racing World Rally Team is inspired by the motto: "ALL FOR WIN" as it competes throughout the 2019 season. Our goal in 2019 is to fight for all three crowns. All team members are aiming for this big goal together. We look forward to your continuous support!
Summary report of previous event
- Follow TOYOTA GAZOO Racing WRT
- https://www.twitter.com/TGR_WRC (@TGR_WRC)
- https://www.instagram.com/tgr_wrc/ (@TGR_WRC)