The new Noah and Voxy have been reborn as everybody's minivans, with more comfort, convenience, and peace of mind to provoke a deeper sense of happiness that only minivans can offer.
- In addition to the excellent packaging unique to minivans, the ease of use is further increased, with universal steps and free stop rear hatch doors using karakuri mechanism.
- New models come equipped with the latest advanced fixtures, including Toyota Safety Sense and Toyota Teammate.
- They also come with exceptional dynamic performance, including the new-generation series parallel hybrid system.
Toyota City, Japan, January 13, 2022―Toyota Motor Corporation announces today the Japan wide launch of its completely redesigned "Noah" and "Voxy" minivans, with models scheduled for release on January 13*.
Noah S-Z (7-seater 2WD Aero hybrid model)
(Model with options shown)
Noah Z (7-seater 2WD hybrid model)
(Model with options shown)
Voxy S-Z (7-seater 2WD with hybrid model)
(Model with options shown)
Launched in November 2001, the Noah and Voxy are compact cab wagons developed in pursuit of the pure minivan fun, with sliding doors for easy entry and exit, and roomy, comfortable cabin spaces for lots of passengers and cargo. As cars supported and loved by Japanese families, they are still among our most popular cars, particularly with families.
The new fourth-generation Noah and Voxy have been reborn as minivans with more comfort, convenience, and peace of mind than ever to encourage users to load up their hobbies and toys and hit the road. Using the TNGA (GA-C) platform for their basic structure, these minivans were developed for a deeper sense of happiness that the outstanding packaging and ease-of-use their generations of models have always brought, and to achieve even greater minivan appeal through use of the latest advanced fixtures. Designed based on three unique worldviews that further emphasize their features, the Noah is built on the concepts of "majestic, modern, and high quality" combined with "mainstream and aggressive," while the Voxy goes for "leading edge and unique."
Welcab models (assisted mobility vehicles) also enhance the model lineup by dramatically improving the range of wheelchair-adapted models and expanding the configuration for type-designated vehicles.
|*||Production of hybrid vehicles will begin at the end of January 2022.|
More details of the new Noah and Voxy are provided below.
- Roomy, comfortable cabin space
- The new Noah and Voxy are built on the TNGA (GA-C) platform. Body structure optimization enables more vertically aligned C pillars compared to previous models, which achieves a distance of 1,295 mm between left and right pillars (75 mm wider than previous models)*1. Coupled with a cabin height of 1,405 mm, this creates a more open feeling within the cabin.
- A large-capacity 104 L*2 super luggage box also provides useful underfloor storage to allow tall cargo items and suitcases.
Comfortable rear seats
- Noah S-Z (7-seater 2WD Aero hybrid model) (Interior color: Black) (Models with options shown)
- The seven-seater models feature captain seats in the second row. In addition to ottoman mechanisms―a first for this class*3―and seat heaters*4, the seats also have large foldable side tables. The lower-profile one-touch folding third-row seats also allow ultra-long straight sliding mechanisms (slide length of 745 mm*1), rather than requiring sideways sliding, without compromising ride comfort. Together, these features enhance convenience and comfort.
- The eight-seater models come with a three-person bench seat in a 60/40 split tip-up configuration*5 in the second row. Like the seven-seater, these models also use ultra-long sliding mechanisms (slide length of 705 mm*1).
- Special two-person bench seats with handrails can also be provided as a package option. With access space provided at the left of the second-row seats, this configuration provides easy access to the third-row seats even with a child seat installed in the second row.
|*1||According to in-house measurements. Actual values may vary depending on the measurement location.|
|*2||According to in-house measurements, without the spare tire, using the VDA method.|
|*3||Compact cab wagon category. As of January 2022. According to Toyota research.|
|*4||Provided as manufacturer package options on the Noah S-Z and Z grades. Provided as manufacturer package options on the Voxy S-Z grade. Ottoman mechanism is only available on 2WD models.|
|*5||The 60/40 split tip-up configuration includes a left seat with a tip-up mechanism linked to seat back forward-folding and a right seat with manually operated tip-up mechanism.|
- Ease-of-use for the Whole Family
Access to rear seats
- New Noah and Voxy equipped with power sliding doors have a universal step on the front passenger seat side*6. The step extends and retracts below the door by karakuri mechanism when opening and closing the sliding door. The step is 200 mm*7 high to provide easy access for the whole family, from children to the elderly
- These models also come with 460 mm*1 long hand grips as standard inclusions on both left and right B pillars. Set at an easy height to grip for everyone from children to adults (bottom of grip is 895 mm*1 from ground surface), the hand grip thickness is optimized at the top for adults and at the bottom for children.
- Hands-free dual power sliding doors are included as package options*8. This enables users carrying the key to automatically open and close the sliding doors simply by placing their feet under the sensors at the bottom of the front doors. This is a very convenient feature when both hands are full, such as when carrying children.
Convenient rear hatch door mechanism
- Ease of use is improved with the world's first*9 free-stop rear hatch door that, by pushing, can be stopped at any angle by karakuri mechanism. This makes it easy to access cargo from the rear hatch door even if space behind the vehicle is limited. For grades equipped with a power rear hatch door*10, the rear hatch door can be opened and closed with a power switch located on both rear quarter panels.
|*6||Provided as a manufacturer option on all models.|
|*7||Two-wheel drive models only. 225 mm for four-wheel drive models. According to in-house measurements.|
|*8||Provided as a manufacturer package option on all Noah grades (except X grade). Provided as a manufacturer package option on all Voxy grades.|
|*9||As of January 2022. According to Toyota research.|
|*10||Provided as manufacturer package options on the Noah S-Z and Z grades. Provided as manufacturer package options on the Voxy S-Z grade.|
- Advanced fixtures providing safety and peace of mind through the latest technologies
Toyota Safety Sense
- The new Noah and Voxy come equipped with Toyota Safety Sense, the newest active safety package with advanced and improved functionality. This feature expands the range of accidents it can respond to.
- Pre-collision Safety System
This system expands the range of detection, adding motorcyclists (daytime) to other vehicles, pedestrians and cyclists, to help avoid collisions or reduce damage. It provides additional support at intersections where accidents more frequently occur.
- In addition to enabling a right-turning vehicle at an intersection to detect oncoming vehicles in the adjacent two lanes traveling straight through the intersection, and enabling a right- or left-turning vehicle to detect pedestrians and cyclists crossing its path from the opposite direction, this system can also detect other vehicles and motorcyclists crossing at intersections, which is a first for Toyota.
- A Low-Speed Acceleration Control function detects pedestrians, cyclists and other vehicles directly in front of the driven vehicle when traveling at low speeds and suppresses acceleration accordingly. In combination with Parking Support Brakes (Stationary Objects), this enables expanded detection of objects when driving at low speeds.
- An Emergency Steering Assist function*11 assists steering in emergency situations when triggered by the driver's steering. The active steering function also applies the Pre-collision Brakes and controls steering even without driver steering if the system determines that there is a high risk of collision.
- Proactive Driving Assist(Toyota-first)
- This system supports avoidance steering and deceleration to avoid getting too close to pedestrians, cyclists and parked vehicles by anticipating risks according to the driving situation, such as pedestrians crossing the road or vehicles that may suddenly start moving.
- It also supports the driver's deceleration in response to a preceding vehicle or curve ahead and reduces the need for frequent changes in the pedal application.
- Lane Change Assist*11
When Lane Tracing Assist is activated, the operation of the turn signal activates this system, which supports lane change steering and monitoring of vehicles in the targeted lane.
- Front Cross-Traffic Alert*11
This system detects vehicles approaching from the left or right when the driven vehicle enters an intersection, or at other times. It alerts the driver via the display and with a buzzer if the driver attempts to move forward despite an approaching vehicle. An animation of the direction of the approaching vehicle is displayed on the color head-up display*10 as an easy-to-notice warning.
Other enhanced equipment providing safety and peace of mind
- Models equipped with power sliding doors also come with Safe Exit Assist (With Door Open Control)*11. When attempting to open the sliding door to exit the vehicle after stopping or parking, if the system determines that there is a high possibility of a collision between an open door or an alighting occupant and a vehicle (including a bicycle) approaching from the rear, a warning will be provided inside the cabin and the sliding door will be prevented from opening. If the detection occurs while the door is opening, the system will prevent the door from opening further.
- Models can also be equipped with Plus Support, as a dealer-installed option, to suppress acceleration if gas pedal misapplication is detected, regardless of whether there are obstacles in the vicinity.
- The new Noah and Voxy come with Advanced Drive (support during traffic congestion) and Advanced Park (with remote function)*13, which are new functions in the suite of advanced driving support technologies within Toyota Teammate*12.
- Advanced Drive (support during traffic congestion)(Toyota-first)
This system operates under certain conditions, such as the driver facing forward, when driving on motor-vehicle-only roadways, and when Radar Cruise Control and Lane Tracing Assist are activated in traffic congestion (0-40 km/h). Supporting detection, judgment and operation*14, it helps reduce driver fatigue in traffic congestion and enables the driver to pay closer attention to the surroundings to achieve safe driving.
- Advanced Park (with remote function)
This system expands support in parallel parking situations. It enables pulling or backing out of a parking space in forward parking situations as well as conventional reverse parking situations. Hybrid models also include a Toyota-first remote function that drivers who are carrying a smart key can use to remotely park the vehicle or leave a parking space using a smartphone, with a special application installed, from outside the vehicle. The system makes parking easier by enabling children and older occupants to get in and out of the vehicle where there is more space, and when removing cargo from the trunk in tight locations.
- Software updates enable the vehicle to always have the latest version of software via wireless communication or a dealer's wired connection. While also adding new functions that become available after vehicle purchase, the updates can enhance vehicle performance. Installation of the latest driver-assistance technologies can help the vehicle evolve in terms of greater safety and peace of mind.
|*11||Provided as a manufacturer option on all Noah grades (except X grade). Provided as a manufacturer option on all Voxy grades.|
|*13||Advanced Drive (support during traffic congestion) and Advanced Park are provided as manufacturer options on all Noah grades (except X grade). They are provided as a manufacturer option on all Voxy grades. Advanced Park (with remote function) is only available for hybrid models.|
|*14||Advanced Drive (support during traffic congestion) is not an automated driving system. The driver must not overly rely on the system, always be responsible and pay attention to the surroundings, and be prepared to take full control at all times.|
- Mainstream Noah and unique Voxy minivans
- Successive generations of Noah and Voxy have maintained and expanded upon a focus on maximization of cabin space and a powerful box-like structure. This pursuit of a majestic, dynamic and powerful box style has provided customers with peace of mind and greater pleasure in ownership.
- The Noah has pursued simplicity with meticulous attention to detail, with high quality and a long-lasting style. The front end boasts a majestic, modern style comprising a single, clear icon, a bold grille in the same color as the exterior, and a sharp lamp design.
- S-Z and S-G grades are Aero models with a vibrant and robust front end achieved by a bold plated grille, and a rear end with a wide and low stance, demonstrating the aggressiveness of the mainstream Aero styling.
- The Voxy has pursued a style that is both leading edge and unique. The front end presents a strongly contrasting three-dimensional structure and unique design through a combination of a roundish, narrow upper portion with a squarish, thick lower portion. The vehicle's presence is also accentuated at night with characteristic front and rear lamps that glow mysteriously.
- Newly developed colors include Glitter Black Glass Flake*15, a high-quality black, and Massive Gray*16, a dark and dignified color. A total of five colors are available for Noah (six colors for the S-Z and S-G grades) and six colors for Voxy.
- Noah S-Z (7-seater 2WD Aero model with hybrid specifications) (Interior color: Black) (Models with options shown)
- In addition to slim, blacked-out A pillars, and an instrument panel and door trims with a low and wide horizontal design, the hand grips and air conditioning outlets arranged functionally around the roof create an open cabin space that is both neat and attractive.
- The instrument panel pursues functional beauty and a sense of quality that is a class above the rest. The metal frames are wrapped with soft materials to produce original atmosphere.
- The interior coloring is based on black to create an open and spacious interior.
|*15||A factory-installed option on Noah S-Z and S-G grades.|
|*16||Standard on all Voxy models|
- Exceptional dynamic performance
High-rigidity, lightweight body
- The new Noah and Voxy are built on the GA-C platform. The highly rigid body is both light and well balanced to deliver high-quality riding comfort and outstanding handling stability without feeling too high on the road.
- The front and rear suspension geometry has been optimized to produce a well-built rigid body. With MacPherson struts at the front and a torsion beam at the rear, these models have achieved a suspension system that creates gentle movement and a smooth ride with excellent road holding.
Series Parallel Hybrid
- 1.8-liter high thermal efficiency engine (2ZR-FXE) and hybrid system
- All electric modules have been updated in the new-generation hybrid system that employs a 1.8-liter in-line four-cylinder DOHC engine (2ZR-FXE). Increased motor and battery output, and improved system efficiency, take comfortable acceleration and outstanding fuel efficiency to a higher level for minivans.
- Class-leading*3 fuel efficiency of 23.4 km/liter*18 under the WLTC test cycle*17
- The new E-Four system inherits the latest hybrid technologies. Increased motor output expands the 4WD operating range while distributing more torque to the rear wheels. Optimal control of torque distribution to front and rear wheels when cornering improves handling stability and, by increasing torque to the rear wheels, also improves peace of mind when doing hill starts in the snow or rain.
Dynamic Force Engine 2.0 (M20A-FKS) + Direct Shift-CVT
- The combination of a 2.0-liter Dynamic Force Engine (M20A-FKS) and Direct Shift-CVT achieves a powerful direct drive system with outstanding fuel efficiency.
- As a gasoline-powered vehicle as well, class-leading*3 fuel efficiency of 15.1 km/liter*19 under the WLTC test cycle*17
- Direct Shift-CVT comes with 10-speed Sport Sequential Shiftmatic for fun shift changes with the feeling of a manual
- 4WD models come with dynamic torque control that optimally distributes torque to the rear wheels, according to the state of the vehicle, when starting or when traveling on slippery roads.
|*17||WLTC (World Harmonized Light Vehicles Test Cycle) is an internationally recognized test cycle, and is based on average usage ratios for urban, suburban, and highway driving.|
|*18||Noah X (2WD). As evaluated by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism.|
|*19||Noah X (2WD) and Noah G (2WD). As evaluated by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism.|
- Secure and convenient connected services
Comprehensive T-Connect optional services
- The Display Audio system with high-definition wide display is Toyota's first to support Connected Navigation. Rather than using map data loaded into the vehicle's system, this enables destination searches and route settings using new center-acquired data (maps, facilities, traffic congestion). A voice-recognition service (agent) can also set destinations in the system*20. This service is provided free of charge for a period of five years from the first registration*21.
- 8-inch display for Display Audio (with Connected Navigation support)*22
- 10.5-inch display and onboard navigation for Display Audio Plus (with Connected Navigation support)*23
- These new models also come with their own in-vehicle WiFi hotspot, a first for Toyota. The DCM*24 included as standard on all these models enables unlimited data transfer for smartphones, game devices and other devices connected to the internet.
|*20||When Connected Navigation is available. In addition to setting destinations, the agent can also be used to operate vehicle equipment, including air conditioning and power windows.|
|*21||Continued use from the sixth year after registration is possible through a (paid) contract renewal.|
|*22||Provided as standard equipment on all Noah grades (except X grade where it is available as a manufacturer option). Provided as standard equipment on all Voxy grades.|
|*23||Provided as a manufacturer option on all Noah grades except X grade. Provided as a manufacturer option on all Voxy grades.|
|*24||Data Communication Module|
- Diverse lineup of Welcab models (assisted mobility vehicles)
- Noah G wheelchair-adapted model (single wheelchair) (Models with options shown)
- The following specifications are available for Welcabs (welfare vehicles) as type-designated vehicles to reduce the registration time and effort and make faster delivery. The following specifications are also available for hybrid vehicles, which are in high demand.
- Wheelchair-adapted model Type I (single wheelchair)*25
- Wheelchair-adapted model Type I (two wheelchairs)
- Wheelchair-adapted model Type II (with third-row seats)
- Side Lift-Up Tilt Seat model*25
- In addition to a gentle ramp angle (9.5°) and a manual ramp with a forward-tip function, the wheelchair-capable vehicles feature a new mechanism that simplifies the entire process from boarding to securing the chair, greatly improving accessibility. In addition, the price of the mounting parts has been reviewed to reduce the burden on customers.
- Vehicles equipped with side lift-up tilt seats retain the riding pleasures of conventional models. The WelJoin have Universal steps installed as standard equipment to improve ease of entry and exit.
|*25||Available in the hybrid version.|
- Noah8,100 units per month
- Voxy5,400 units per month
Fujimatsu Plant, Toyota Auto Body Co., Ltd.
Motomachi Plant, Toyota Motor Corporation
Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Prices
|X||7||Dynamic Force Engine2.0
+ Direct Shift-CVT (10-speed Sport Sequential Shiftmatic)
|X||7||Series Parallel Hybrid with reduction gear
- Welcab models (type-designated vehicles)
|X Side Lift-Up Tilt Seat model||7||2,825,000*2|
|X wheelchair-adapted model Type I (single wheelchair)||7||2,867,000*2|
|X wheelchair-adapted model Type I (two wheelchairs)||7||2,947,000*2|
|X wheelchair-adapted model Type II (with third row seats)||7||2,913,000*2|
|G wheelchair-adapted model Type I (single wheelchair)||7||◎3,145,000*2|
|S-G Side Lift-Up Tilt Seat model||7||3,104,000*2|
|S-G wheelchair-adapted model Type I (single wheelchair)||7||3,208,000*2|
|S-G wheelchair-adapted model Type I (two wheelchairs)||7||3,288,000*2|
|S-G wheelchair-adapted model Type II (with third row seats)||7||3,254,000*2|
|X Side Lift-Up Tilt Seat model||7||3,005,000*2|
|X wheelchair-adapted model Type I (single wheelchair)||7||3,047,000*2|
|X wheelchair-adapted model Type I (two wheelchairs)||7||3,127,000*2|
|X wheelchair-adapted model Type II (with third row seats)||7||3,093,000*2|
|G wheelchair-adapted model Type I (single wheelchair)||7||3,325,000*2|
|S-G Side Lift-Up Tilt Seat model||7||3,284,000*2|
|X Side Lift-Up Tilt Seat model||7||3,170,000*2|
|X wheelchair-adapted model Type I (single wheelchair)||7||3,212,000*2|
|G Side Lift-Up Tilt Seat model||7||3,359,000*2|
|G wheelchair-adapted model Type I (single wheelchair)||7||3,463,000*2|
|S-G Side Lift-Up Tilt Seat model||7||3,422,000*2|
|S-G wheelchair-adapted model Type I (single wheelchair)||7||3,526,000*2|
|*1||Does not include recycling fees.|
|*2||Consumption tax does not apply|
|S-G||7||Dynamic Force Engine 2.0
+ Direct Shift-CVT (10-speed Sport Sequential Shiftmatic)
|S-G||7||Series Parallel Hybrid with reduction gear
- Welcab models (type-designated vehicles)
|S-G Side Lift-Up Tilt Seat model||7||2WD
|S-G wheelchair-adapted model Type I (single wheelchair)||7||3,254,000*4|
|S-G wheelchair-adapted model Type I (two wheelchairs)||7||3,334,000*4|
|S-G wheelchair-adapted model Type II (with third row seats)||7||3,300,000*4|
|S-G Side Lift-Up Tilt Seat model||7||4WD||3,330,000*4|
|S-G Side Lift-Up Tilt Seat model||7||2WD
|S-G wheelchair-adapted model Type I (single wheelchair)||7||3,572,000*4|
|*3||Does not include recycling fees.|
|*4||Consumption tax does not apply|
Welcab models (specially equipped vehicles with factory-installed features for the disabled and elderly)
- In addition to the type-designated vehicles, two types of wheelchair-accessible vehicles are available: Type II (with third row seats) with a lift-up tilt seat for the front passenger seat and Type II (without third row seats).
- In response to customers' requests to be able to move from a wheelchair to a standard vehicle seat when traveling for long periods of time, we have recently added a model with lift-up tilt passenger seat as standard equipment in Type II (with third row seats).
- Wheelchair-specification vehicle type II (without third row seats) is an 8-number vehicle*. The one-touch hold seats can be removed to create a dedicated space for a wheelchair.
- Models with a lift-up tilt front passenger seat replace the passenger seat with a lift-up tilt front passenger seat that aids sitting and standing when getting in and out of the vehicle.
- Weljoin models with a lift-up tilt front passenger seat come with a handy lift-up tilt front passenger seat as a standard inclusion for transportation services of care facilities.
|*||Special-purpose vehicles for the purpose of transporting people in wheelchairs.|
Welcab Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Prices
|Wheelchair-adapted model Type II||With third row seats + lift-up tilt front passenger seat||X||7||2WD
|Without third row seats||X||6||2,832,000|
|Lift-up tilt front passenger seat model||X||7||2,782,000|
|Weljoin + lift-up tilt front passenger seat||X||7||2,876,000|
|Wheelchair-adapted model Type II||Without third row seats||X||6||4WD||3,012,000|
|Lift-up tilt front passenger seat model||X||7||2,962,000|
|*1||Consumption tax does not apply; Does not include recycling fees.|
|Wheelchair-adapted model Type II||With third row seats + lift-up tilt front passenger seat||S-G||7||2WD
|Lift-up tilt front passenger seat model||S-G||7||3,164,000|
|Lift-up tilt front passenger seat model||S-G||7||4WD||3,344,000|
|*2||Consumption tax does not apply; Does not include recycling fees.|
Link to the "Noah" webpage (Japanese only)
Link to the "Voxy" webpage (Japanese only)
"Achieving zero, and adding new value beyond it"
As part of efforts to pass our beautiful "Home Planet" to the next generation, Toyota has identified and is helping to solve issues faced by individuals and overall society, which Toyota calls "Achieving Zero," hoping to help reduce the negative impacts caused by these issues to people and the environment to zero. Additionally, Toyota is also looking "Beyond Zero" to create and provide greater value by continuing to diligently seek ways to improve lives and society for the future.
- About Beyond Zero
Toyota Motor Corporation works to develop and manufacture innovative, safe and high-quality products and services that create happiness by providing mobility for all. We believe that true achievement comes from supporting our customers, partners, employees, and the communities in which we operate. Since our founding over 80 years ago in 1937, we have applied our Guiding Principles in pursuit of a safer, greener and more inclusive society. Today, as we transform into a mobility company developing connected, automated, shared and electrified technologies, we also remain true to our Guiding Principles and many of the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals to help realize an ever-better world, where everyone is free to move.
- SDGs Initiatives