Dec. 14, 2016
Toyota Launches the New C-HR
Toyota developed and launched the new C-HR*1 at all Toyota, Toyopet, Toyota Corolla, and Nets dealers nationwide across Japan on December 14. The C-HR is also scheduled to be used as a management vehicle at the 93rd Tokyo-Hakone collegiate ekiden (relay marathon) championship on January 2 and 3, 2017.
The C-HR is the second vehicle that has been developed with the TNGA platform*2. The Toyota New Global Architecture (TNGA) is part of Toyota's company-wide program to structurally transform automobile design in line with the company's goal of the making ever-better cars. Even though it shares the same platform with the fourth-generation Prius*3 (the first TNGA-based vehicle), Toyota has realized the original feel in terms of the C-HR's driving performance through repeated driving tests being conducted on various types of roads around the world, and tuning the shock absorbers through test drives conducted on public roads in Europe. The driving performance of the C-HR has been thoroughly enhanced, focusing on the ideas of "Response, Linearity and Consistency"*4 in order to achieve the key design concept of responsive driving performance.
In May 2016, with Toyota GAZOO racing's concept of developing people and improving products which contributes to the overarching goal of making ever-better cars, the C-HR had participated in, and completed the 44th 24 Hours of Nürburgring endurance race which was held in Germany.
- TOYOTA C-HR Racing
More customers are placing greater emphasis on the interior and exterior styling of vehicles within the compact SUV market segment, where the C-HR is being classified under. In line with this, the C-HR was developed with a complete focus on design as well. The exterior design, in particular, reflects the thoughts of the designer. With the "Sensual Speed-Cross"*5 concept, the design of the C-HR features a diamond architectural theme, and the modulated structure of the cabin gives it an exciting feel. The three-dimensional structure created by the contrast between the strongly tapered body based on the diamond architectural theme, together with the pronounced flaring of the wheel arches gives the new crossover a distinctive outline with an extremely powerful stance.
The hybrid version boasts 30.2km/L*6 fuel efficiency, which is among the highest*7 within the compact crossover SUV class. The hybrid version targets the achievement of "FY2020 fuel efficiency standards +20%". On the other hand, the 1.2L turbo engine version (regular gasoline specification) achieved a fuel efficiency rating of 15.4km/L*6. This latter version has also achieved "FY2015 fuel efficiency standards +5%".
Both the hybrid and 1.2L turbo engine versions have been certified with exhaust emission levels that are 75% lower than the 2005 Exhaust Emissions Standards, where they are both subject to tax breaks for environmentally-friendly vehicles.
- Responsive driving performance achieved with the addition of performance-enhancing features to high level basic performance which is made possible with TNGA
- Distinctive styling that boldly fuses lightness with power is achieved through Toyota's unique and emotional Keen Look*8 and Under Priority*9 design expressions
- The interior features eye-catching details in terms of its texture, shape, and color which produces an unprecedented advanced feel. The control panel, with various meters situated in the center, is positioned facing the driver, with all items laid out along a continuous line, allowing all driving operations to be carried out smoothly.
- The hybrid version pursues high efficiency, a compact size and being light weight, which realizes the highest level of 30.2km/L fuel efficiency.
- Toyota Safety Sense P, a collision avoidance assist package, is offered as a standard in all grades.
|All Grades||Collision avoidance assist package "Toyota Safety Sense P", electric parking brake, three-spoke leather steering wheel, Smart Entry & Smart Start system, etc.|
|"G", "G-T"||18-inch aluminum wheels, LED front fog lamps, Blind Spot Monitor, Front & Rear Parking Assist Sonar, seat surface (high quality fabric + leather), etc.|
|*3||Sales launch in December 2015|
|*6||JC08 mode fuel efficiency. Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism evaluation value.|
|*7||Compact SUV class. As of December, 2016, according to Toyota Motor Corporation.|
|*8||Toyota's unique front expression imparts an impression of intelligence and clarity, based on a combination of the dynamic Under Priority and an emphasis on the three-dimensional Toyota mark.|
|*9||Toyota's unique front design that emphasizes the lower grille and improves aerodynamic performance, cooling, and pedestrian protection safety.|
- Toyota, Toyopet, Toyota Corolla, and Nets dealers nationwide across Japan
- Monthly Sales Target
- 6,000 cars
- Dealer Presentation Session
- January 7 (Saturday), January 8 (Sunday) and January 9 (Monday / National holiday), 2017
- Dealer Test Drive Session
- January 14 (Saturday) and January 15 (Sunday), 2017
(including consumption tax)
[Mounted with 7-speed sports sequential shiftmatic]
|S||THS II with reduction gear
- Super CVT-i
- Super Continuously Variable Transmission-intelligent
- THS II
- TOYOTA Hybrid System II
- Link to the "C-HR" webpage (Japanese only)