Jul. 17, 2020
Toyota Provides Aid to Areas Hit by the July 2020 Record-Breaking Torrential Rains and Floods in Japan
Toyota extends its sincerest condolences to those who have lost their lives and heartfelt sympathy to those who have been affected by the record-breaking torrential rains and floods occurring in Japan in July 2020.
To support local relief efforts, Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) has decided to:
- Lend vehicles to local governments and other bodies in the affected areas
TMC, in coordination with its retail dealerships, TOYOTA Rental & Leasing dealers, and Toyota Mobility Parts, will provide vehicles to help efforts for those affected to rebuild their everyday lives. These purposes will include the:
- Supply of power
- Provide electricity from vehicles functioning as a portable power supply, useful at a time of natural disaster
- Transportation of people
- Compact cars to run errands, such as issuances of disaster-victim certification
- Mini-vans to help transport large groups of people such as volunteer workers
- A vehicle specially designed with airborne droplet circulation control to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Transportation of goods
- Vehicles will help transport necessities, such as the removal of debris from water damaged areas and bringing in everyday items and medical supplies
- Provide medical face shields produced by Toyota in response to COVID-19
TMC will provide medical face shields that were produced by Toyota and its group companies to those working at evacuation shelters, or other places in need of them in Kumamoto prefecture and other affected areas.
- Donate a total of 5,000,000 yen through Central Community Chest of Japan and the aid organization Japan Platform as emergency relief funds
While Japan must face the tough challenges of responding to natural disasters amid the COVID-19 pandemic, Toyota will team up with its group companies and local communities to continue supporting the people in the affected areas.