Tokyo, Japan, January 16, 2020―Toyota Motor Corporation (Toyota) announced today that following the expansion of the "my route" multi-modal mobility service to the cities of Fukuoka and Kitakyushu it will bring the service to the cities of Yokohama and Minamata in the spring of 2020. Following that, it will further expand to cities such as Miyazaki and Nichinan, etc. as Toyota intends for the service to gradually spread and expand across Japan.
Additionally, the company plans to collaborate with service companies that are involved in the business of moving people, such as traffic operators and travel agencies, among others, and make efforts to expand the services and improve their convenience.
- Expansion of the user base of "my route"
- Expand the area of provided services
- Start "my route" services in the cities of Miyazaki and Nichinan from this spring, following the expansion to the cities of Fukuoka and Kitakyushu in November 2019.
- Take measures to expand users connected with telecommunication carriers
- Start "my route for au" services from today, January 16, 2020, for users/subscribers of the "au Smart Pass" and "au Smart Pass Premium", services provided by KDDI. In addition to the basic services offered in "my route", the company will start sales of discounted "Pass" tickets as an exclusive for the "my route for au" service.
- Improve the convenience of "my route"
- Collaborate with services related to movement
Toyota, in this once-in-a-century transformational period, aims to transform itself into a mobility company, starting by providing new mobility services from the roots up. The company will continue to aim to provide a convenient movement experience to an increasing group of customers as it works with others involved in all services related to the movement of people.